call for entries:
Downtown Freeport Street Banner Art Competition
Collaborate Freeport is hosting a competition for artists of all ages to submit ideas for outdoor banners. The theme of the banner is “Love your Community.” There will be five finalist banners and they will be on display in downtown Freeport. The banners will be a symbol of our community’s vibrant new outlook.
All submissions are due by September 29, 2017 to Blake Musser Director of Community Marketing.
See below for rules and details.
Rules and Details
Only one entry per artist
All artwork must be original work done by the artist submitting the piece
- Preference will be given to artists in or from Stephenson County
- Original artwork must illustrate this the theme of “Love your Community”
NOTE: This may take many forms including community initiatives, people who are champions of our community, or simply elements of the community you take pride in, etc.
- No negative or inappropriate submissions will be considered
- The banner may only contain up to 10 words in writing or will otherwise be disqualified
- The banner must be made to scale to fit an 3’ wide x 7’ tall proportion
- All art mediums will be accepted, including digital work
- For artists submitting non-digital pieces, the artwork will need to be scanned for digital submission and available as an original hard copy upon request.
- All submissions will be submitted via the Freeport All In website as a PDF document with the entry form
- Artistic Quality
- Collaborate Freeport Values of:
- Art, Design and Culture
- Diversity in All Forms
- Hard Work and an Entrepreneurial Spirit
- The Outdoor Experience
- Giving Back
- Always Learning
All submissionsBlake Musser Director of Community Marketing.are due by September 29, 2017 to